Thursday, January 14, 2010

Why do so many suffer

Watching Anderson Cooper again they are showing a funeral for a woman. The coffin is on a scooter. She died because there was not enough help to have help. There are dead people everywhere. My God, I can't imagine what these people are going through. It is so heartbraking. The island of Haiti's people have gone through so much. They are a poor country who live on nothing. What little they have is gone. People are taking advantage of others. I am hearing a little girl crying but she is pinned under rocks. I just can't imagine it. What if it was my family. I don't know if I could stand it. The people in this country suffer and suffer. We live in this country and bitch about what. People really are suffering. The homeless here also suffer but we in this country have water. Damn it water. They don't have good clean water. We do not see dead people in the streets. Yes, I know it was horrible for people who were involved in Katrina but you know what there was water. I don't want to minimize the suffering people go through in this country and they shouldn't have to. It just boggles my mind how people live in other parts of the world. Haiti, some parts of Africa and other areas.

One thing I learned today is Haiti does not have any exports. No exports no income. Thats the way it is. So what does happen? I saw on the news today, there is a little boy in Haiti and an adoptive mother in New Hampshire, she has been waiting two years for the adoption to be finalized. Why does it take so long? He is two years old. Its been going on since he was a new born. He should be here in the US.

Now I am watching Dr. Gupta on CNN and he is taking care of a 15 day old baby. The baby's mother died. She has a cut on her head. The mother would probably have breast fed her and now how will she eat. I want to bring her home. It just kills me. There is not a damn thing that I can do. She needs anti-biotics, where will she get them?

May God Bless Her and the people in that country. I ask God to give them what is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment