Monday, January 18, 2010

food, fun, and entertainment, how?

I did not have to work today. So I cooked. I made Pasta Fagiole, spaghetti sauce and risoto with mushrooms, shrimp and onions and parmesan cheese. So good. The soup was little different cause it had lemon but it was good. My lunch for the week. The risotto was good. The problem with me is I don't know how to cook for 2. How do you scale down, soup, rice, and sauce. Yes, I will freeze some sauce, maybe make chicken parmesan but what do we do with the other stuff like risotto. Can you freeze it? Have no idea, but I will figure out what to do with it. I don't want to throw any food away.

I love to cook, I wish I could cook more for my friends and feel comfortable doing it. Like Carlos and Maggie. I am so intimidated by Maggie. I want to have them over but I have this thought that she will be critigueing me. I know this is my stuff but she is still so anal. I want to entertain more. So hopefully I will be going to dinner with Denise and Pete this weekend which will be fun.

So next month, I am planning a dinner party. good food, good drinks, good company. The problem is finding the entertainment, music, movies, games who knows

Here I am 55 and really don't know how to entertain. Crazy isn't, so out of my comfort zone and will just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment