Saturday, January 9, 2010

I hate grocery shopping

I did grocery shopping for many many years. Then my DH decided he could do it and cheaper. Here you go all yours. BUT when he wants me to go. I feel sick. I get stressed out. If i say anything or give suggestions like oh I don't know he can get stuff cheaper at another store 1 mile further thatn the store he normally goes to. Its a discussion. I hate it. I hate being in the store with him. I would rather have a root canal. I will cook the food but don't want to shop for it.

Now he is cooking, rice. He has rice cooker and cooks all the time, rice that is. I don't care if I ever eat rice. I will eat it with stir fry, with Indian or Thai food but not just rice. BLAH!!

The whole food thing drives me nuts. Its like an enemy. Don't eat this or that. That isn't good for you. This is good for you. You are fat you are skinny (haven't heard that one for many years). Food network, watching people cook all this lovely food that I want to cook but its fattening. Oh hell, I love trying new food. I don't have to eat too much but sometimes it tastes so good that you don't want it to end..

My favorite is dessert unfortunately. Creme Brullee from Buckley's. It is so good. Lobster Ravioli from Jonathans. Risotto from Windows on the Water. When it is cooked to perfection and just tastes so good, it better than sex. It last longer and you have just what you want. But I also like simple things, like a good glass of red wine, good bread dipped in Nappa Style unfiltered olive oil and a wonderful piece of dark chocolate. Now really does it getter any better than that.

I don't think so. How wonderful good food is.

No comments:

Post a Comment