Sunday, January 10, 2010

Things left undone

Things left undone. That is the motto of my life. My plans today was to find my bracelet. I didn't. Call in my prescriptions. I didn't. Do the laundry. Half done. I have to put it away. Make date squares. I didn't. Move my furniture. I didn't. Clean out my drawers. I didn't. Clean the bathroom. I didn't.

What did I do? took apart my bed and cleaned under it. Cleaned under the bedroom furniture. Cooked dinner, cleaned up after. My list is never done. I would like one day to not have a have to list. I want a list of fun things that do get done.

How about a bucket list? What do I want to do before I die. I really want to eat my way around the world. Ok, around Epcot. I don't want to get on a plane, unless its first class. I want to learn to cook amazing food. I really want to learn to cook outstanding Italian Food. I want to make an amazing lasanga like the one at Epcot. I want to learn to make creme brulee from scratch. I want to have people eat my food and know its outstanding. I want to sing. I really want to sing on key and be able to sing around people and not just mouth the words. I want to sew and quilt. I want to find my niche in sewing maybe its not quilting. I want to find out what it is. I want to know how to put on makeup. I want to show the positive features of me. I want to learn to move my body. I want to be enough. I am enough. I want to accept myself for who I am. I should say I want to accept my body. All its imperfections. I wings, the belly, the thighs, the gray hair that I hide every six weeks and everything else that goes with it. Things left undone. For me its looking at me in the mirror and saying and meaning, you're ok and you're enough.

With everything that was just said, I want to embrace my body but take care of it. Its so hard. I love food and want to cook exceptional food and dance and sing and take care of myself. That means moving and eating right. I guess for me its trying one thing at a time. The blanket statement of no sugar, is nuts because I can't do it. But I can do a little change. I have to look at what is realistic for me.

Things left undone, me. One thing at a time, one change, a little change. One I can do and not forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment