Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Will I or wont I have a job. Plus do I care

I found out today that there will be more layoffs at Aetna in March. This time it is the disability department. We will see. There is part of me that would like to be laid off but I am scared. I need to work. I like earning my own money. I am 55 years old. Who in hell is going to hire someone my age. Lets face it. They don't want to. They want young people. On the other hand I could spend time with my grandchildren especially in the summer. I could go to Joes and help with the kids. Or bring them here. I want to make more money.

I work with people
I love my job
I am respected
I earn between 38-40k a yea
I have 4 weeks vacation
I have 7 sick days
I have 9 holidays

That is what I have. Anyhow, went to the dentist and got a new temp crown. I thought I was going to need a root canal but didn't. Artie called to see how I am doing. Great. Ihave to say this is the first time any dentist called to see how I am. Says allot about him as an AP and as a person.

I am impressed.

I am tired. will go to sleep. I got a gorgeous new bag.

1 comment: